age= The Noisy Cakehole <$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Noisy Cakehole
Open Your Mouth, People

Getting Slow At Posting...

Monday, September 1
Well it's the end of the summer. Did you accomplish what you wanted to do this year?

I did... sort of. I wanted to see at least one festival this year and that was a big goal. I joked with my friend Krista that this is "The Summer Of Eric". To which she disagreed that it was "The Summer Of Krista".

We here in Rapid City had a new thing happen this year which turned out to be pretty cool. "Summer Nights On Seventh" Live music every Thursday night on 7th St. downtown. Instead of drinking the overpriced Belgian beer "Budweiser", we opted to get fucked in our keesters at a joint called the "Vino 100". The "Vino" as we called it sells wine and cigars. They had a little sidewalk area in which you could drink beer sold there in the confines of a 12 foot by 8 foot area in front on the place. I discovered a Russian beer there which I enjoy because of the alcohol content in it. Cheap drunk... kind of. For a pint of this stuff the Vino charged us $4.50 a bottle. The distributer told us where we could purchase it in town. My brother found it at Canyon Lake Liquor on the west side of town only to discover that the same bottle of beer there was half the price. Fucking capitalistic swine!! None the less, we still purchased the beer at the Vino for the higher price. How stupid are we?

I opted to not do anything with my ex-wife this summer. We usually take a trip or two somewhere but decided that she has her midget cowboy to entertain her and that I wasn't that much fun to her. Her loss I guess. I think she has moved on passed me.

Back to the festival. I attended the Mile High Music Festival this year as some of you had read in a post last month. It was the 1st one in what I hope are many, many more of them that are held down there. The line up was great. Tom Petty, Flogging Molly, Jason Mraz, Brett Dennen, Flobots, One Republic, Colby Callait, and the headliner The Dave Matthews Band. I just had to see them. It's on a list of things to do before you die somewhere. Now I can die I guess.

Well... I'll talk more later on how my summer went next time...