age= The Noisy Cakehole <$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Noisy Cakehole
Open Your Mouth, People

Sunburnt But Happy...

Tuesday, July 22
I attended the Mile High Music Festival over the last weekend. Temperatures were in the high 90's and no rain. Basically parked in one spot about 50 feet from stage left. It was great for the music and porta potties but as for getting water... well I hope next year they have more fountains. The had three water stations set up with approx. 8 fountain heads and one water spigot. Budweiser, the Unamerican Beer, was the main swill you could purchase. A cool 32 oz. for $8. I'm not complaining by any means about the festival. Excellently ran. Media reports only one person was transfered to the hospital and Zero arrests. I think to serve the people who bought the $85.00 one day or $150.00 for two day ticket They could have allowed coolers in. Coolers without alcohol. I'm not the type who likes to drink alcohol during festivals and when it's beastly hot.


The first act was a guy I had never heard of but became an instant fan of. His name is Brett Dennen. He plays a folksier type of John Mayer. He, of course, tours with John Mayer. Go to his "MySpace" page and check him out.

Second act was OneRepublic, A Colorado based band who was popular with the kiddies. Very good also.

Next was a duo of guitar players called Rodrigo Y Gabriella. Excellent!!! Just man and woman playing classical style nylon string guitars. Everything they played came from certain bumps and smacks on the body of their guitars for the percussion of their songs while they played. They gained another in the long legions of fans that love their music.

The next act was John Mayer. First time for me seeing his show. Another excellent show. He played for about 45 minutes and seemed to think he was done. Then he came back and played another 30 minutes. He started his show with no introduction. Just came out and started playing. He went thru his popular stuff from the radio then into his rendition of "Panama" by Van Halen. He took his shirt of to mimic Eddie Van Halen and played a Fender Strat that matched Eddie's guitar with the Red, White and Black stripes. I took phot's but I'm not very good at it so bear with me.

The headliner of the day was The Dave Matthews Band. Excellent and worth the pain of the sunburn I got.
I hope they come back for next years festival. 50,000 showed for DMB. It was insane. Sorry I didn't take more pictures of Dave Matthews but the lighting from the stage was way too bright for my cheap ass camera. Next... I'm looking at going to the Monolith Festival in September at Red Rocks!!!