age= The Noisy Cakehole <$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Noisy Cakehole
Open Your Mouth, People

Time....

Thursday, April 24
"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. After all, we're only mortal."

If you have ever taken the time to reflect on your childhood, you'll see, as I did, that the best years of your life are usually around the age of ten. It is said that ten years of age is the greatest in your life. I feel that is because you are not looked upon as a toddler and/or a baby. Your parents started to give you some independence. Not too much but enough to make you think you owned the world. No longer confined to the house to play but that you could actually go over to a friends house or yard to hang out. It was a fabulous time in my life.

I was into Little League big time. I loved playing baseball. Whenever I hear a song from AM radio 1970's... I think of Little League. Weird. There were a couple of kids I hung out with on our block. We lived on the Northwest part of Sturgis, SD. My father was a large factor in my childhood around that time. Unfortunately for my youngest brother and sister, they never knew that side of their dad but one of non involvement and distance, for reasons he never spoke of when he was living.

Those days of my life were the most fun because the summer was never ending. Days spent at the outdoor swimming pool and playing baseball. That's what I remember.

Another time in my life that I think of often was moving to Billings, Mt. with Marnie. It was the first time in our lives where we felt truly independent, at least to me. Music plays a large part in my thinking about time in my life. It will always. I miss those time periods in my life.

For some odd reason, when I watch a certain movie, it puts me into this mood. That movie is..... Star Trek Generations. If you get a chance, even if you aren't into Sci Fi, watch it, the message is clear about time.

Eric