age= The Noisy Cakehole <$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Noisy Cakehole
Open Your Mouth, People

Art On Rails....

Thursday, March 6
As I pull down West St. to get to the main road thru town, I notices that a train is approaching a road I have to cross to get to my bank. Swearing at the jam of traffic rolling down the road after a green light. I watch for an opening and at the same time watch the train getting closer. Thinking, "Come on people... I want to beat the fucking train!!" Of course, I didn't.

Sitting at the railroad crossing I watch the large Blue and Yellow on the DM&E engine whine pass. Dakota, Minnesota and Eastern is the rail line that runs right through the middle of the downtown area of Rapid City. Smart planning there. Anyway, I watch the freight cars pass and noticed the spray paint on the cars. Some of the scrolling looks like gang territorial signage and other is just a smart assed punk with a cheap can of grey spraying paint.

The more sophisticated art is done with multiple colors and is quite good. Mostly gang names... you know the ones. The others are crude drawings of a cock and balls and profanity. One that struck me in particular was a red USA on a car but the S was in the shape of the Nazi swastika. I turned to my daughter who was spacing out in the passenger seat and said, "Did you see that?". She looks at me and blurbs "what?" "Nevermind..."

At least kids are getting outside to play these days...


Added commentary....

I listen to the Alternative Hard Rock station on XM known as "Squizz". They play the hard stuff by Tool, Avenge Sevenfold, Korn and the likes of those. I listen every once in a while to change shit up. Today, I was listening and a band came on that I despise..... Coheed and Cambria. Horrible, horrible band. Why on gods green earth could anybody get into a band that sound like these shitbirds. Coheed and Cambria should not be played with the likes of Korn and Tool. It's like baking a cake with Miller Lite as opposed to water. We need to rid the world of this "fart for the ears" called Coheed and Cambria. I need to email those bastards at XM and express my outrage that they play them on "Squizz" I think XM kids would be a more appropriate channel for these douchebags.