age= The Noisy Cakehole <$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Noisy Cakehole
Open Your Mouth, People

Oh Kahlyn... It Was Too Fast....

Wednesday, February 6
In the span of 2 months my daughter will turn 18. She has grown into a beautiful young woman. She has both her Mom's and My sense of humor and wittiness. Quick wit is always helpful. She will graduate High School in the spring and then poof... She's a full fledged adult.

I still remember when she was born. A rainy night in April 1990. She spent 5 days in the NICU because she aspirated meconium before birth. She also had a "Type A" nuchal cord. Meaning the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck. I was afraid that she would have deficits. I remember my father taking his lunch breaks to sit with her. He'd rock her while talking to her. He would clip her little nails.

When she came home, we had an old rocking cradle for her to sleep in. Of course, she didn't like it. She slept in a dresser drawer instead. How the years pass so fast. I miss the days of picking out shoes for her. I found myself, the other day, looking a kid shoes and then realizing that she didn't wear them anymore. I felt sad for a moment.

I hope she make good life decisions. I hope she waits for things in a traditional way. I hope she will realize one day that despite the ups and downs during her 18 years that we did everything we could for her. I hope she realizes that I love her more than life itself. Good job Kahlyn, love Dad.