age= The Noisy Cakehole <$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Noisy Cakehole
Open Your Mouth, People

What Are You Listening To???

Tuesday, May 9
Looking back at the music I listen to it's quite eclectic. You have your standard music listener who listens to one genre of music, which is fine but.. a broader range reflects a personality I think. Sure you won't have Pantera on your ipod along side of Elvis' greatest gospel but you know what I'm trying to say.

Some people I know refuse to listen to country music because they think it's hillbilly music. Not true... Bluegrass is hillbilly music and I listen to some of it... not alot but some. It depends on the mood. I grew up in the days of hairbands and good college music (as it was put back then). If you didn't listen to some hairband music in the 80's there was something wrong with you and you were a liar.

Back in the day... I won't lie... I listened to hairband music. It was fun to drink to and it was being played everywhere. Y&T, Ratt, Motley Crue, Honeymoon Suite, Saga, MSG, the Scorps.... to name a few. Party music... But by myself I was a little more reserved. I listened to the likes of R.E.M., The Cure, The Smiths, Brian Ferry (with and without Roxy Music) Stuff I still listen to today.

I started getting interested in music rather young. You know the AOR radio stuff from the 70's. Elton John, Andrew Gold, The Doobie Bros., Gilbert O'Sullivan, Peter Frampton, and yes... the fucking Bee Gee's. Back then they were smoking.

Shit I listen to today is all over the place. Again... depending on the mood. take today... I'm in a Hoodoo Guru's kinda mood where yesterday it was 80's hairband music. the music in my collection ranges from the early 70's with The Stampeders to Coldplay's latest. I have smooth jazz... The Rippington's to Sade. I have progressive country with Sara Evan's ( I love Sara Evans). System of a Down is a favorite to Journey. Most think I can't make up my mind.... I do... just depends on the mood.


Eric