age= The Noisy Cakehole <$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Noisy Cakehole
Open Your Mouth, People

Let's Hear It For The Meade County Commisioners....

Tuesday, April 4
I really don't like the cry of racism from anybody about anybody. Racism is a strong word and being called one is pretty bad. Native Americans in South Dakota have it hard when the white man makes decisions on requests or help. I have seen it first hand and will see it again a hundred more times until I leave this planet. Natives say, " What serves the white man the white man prevails." I didn't believe this saying because I thought it as a racist remark... technically it is.

What could have been a great gesture of trust and understanding was thrown out the window by the Meade County Commissioners. By allowing Jay Allen to sell alcohol next to the hill that the Northern Cheyenne call church is a slap to the face of any Northern Cheyenne who worships there. If it had been a bar that sat adjacent to any of the commissioner churches well things would have been different.

I normally don't back religious causes because the climate with the Christian Right but... in this case I strongly believe an injustice by the county government toward a people who travel over 200 miles to worship here.

The County Commissioners put alcohol above common sense. They said property rights was the reason they UNANIMOUSLY voted for the beer license. Bullshit... it was the money plain and simple. Come election time I hope all who were opposed to this remember.

Eric