age= The Noisy Cakehole <$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Noisy Cakehole
Open Your Mouth, People

April 18th, 1991....

Tuesday, April 18

The date above was a bad day for me. I lost my father to cancer.

My father, to me, was a strong take no shit kinda guy. To see him wither away in less than 5 months was hard.

I remember it was just before Christmas 1990 that he found out he had cancer. Come to think of it I didn't realize the potential for failure in the words he told all of us until it was too late. I figured he could beat it like he did everything else.

My father wasn't perfect mind you. When he drank, you knew it. But in general, he provided for us pretty good.

You regret things when you lose a parent. My biggest regret was that I didn't sit down and have a serious conversation with him. Talk about stuff that he was interested in and add my two cents. Talk politics, even though he didn't like them. he wasn't a very religious man but became one once he knew that he was dying. The above picture is him with my daughter. He loved Kahlyn.

Well Dad... I love you and miss you very much. I hope you caught the boat you were looking for 15 years ago.

Eric