age= The Noisy Cakehole <$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Noisy Cakehole
Open Your Mouth, People

Hmmm...

Friday, March 24
The human mind, an amazing piece of machinery. To remember a sound, a smell to remind us of an earlier time. They say 10 years old is the greatest age of your life because you are big enough to actually do things without the help of an adult. I'd agree with that, there was nothing that couldn't be done when I was 10. That would have been 1977. That year we took a trip to California to go to Disneyland. I remember most of it. I was asked to play in the Majors in Little League. I was one of the youngest to do so at the time. The outdoor swimming pool, a thing that has gone by the wayside here. The swimming pool was filled in 20 years ago and converted into the maintenance shop.

I mentioned smells before. The other day while getting groceries I caught the scent of an older ladies perfume that smelled just like my grandmothers. The frozen vegetable section smelled like the commissary in Bremerton, Washington. Any slow BeeGee's song reminds me of Ellsworth Air Force Base here in South Dakota. The BeeGee's???

Just thinking back to the days I was young.. Wow..

Eric