age= The Noisy Cakehole <$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Noisy Cakehole
Open Your Mouth, People

The Cost Of Living...

Friday, March 3
I just read the post of Cissa Fireheart's blog. Her daughter is loosing her first baby tooth and she was unsure how much the tooth fairy would be leaving. I relpied that I lost my first tooth at five, which was 1972. The cost of living in 1972 wasn't all that bad, compared to todays standards.

Gas prices were 30 cents, a new family car would cost you under $3,000.00 and a modest two bedroom house would have cost you $28,000. I got a 50 cent piece. At the rate of inflation it would be well over $4.00 now.

Back then I'm sure our parents would be flipping out at the cost of fuel and other stuff too. $19,000 for a family car??? $150,000 for a modest home.

When my daughter lost her first tooth the tooth dude (not fairy) gave her 50 cents and hoped to God that she didn't corelate that "teeth = $$$$" If I would have known.. I would have hammered the godamned things outta my skull.

Eric