age= The Noisy Cakehole <$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Noisy Cakehole
Open Your Mouth, People

The Weekend is Here...

Friday, February 10
Well... The weekend is here. I was supposed to work but have a mini-convention in Spearfish Saturday and Sunday. I'm short on re-certification hours for my National Registry status. At least I'm not working.

I took time off a couple of months ago to attend this convention in Big Sky, MT. That fell through because lack of interest from others that i thought would want to go. Problem is, I took time off for the days of that convention. So in essence, I have 5 days off. I told them at work that if they had any needs what so ever to call me.

I'm searching for hotel/flight packages (already) for the EMS Magazine National Convention in Las Vegas in Sept. The convention/trade show is at the Las Vegas Convention Center which sits next to the Las Vegas Hilton. I checked prices to stay at the Hilton. I'd have to sell one of my retinas and throw in a kidney to stay there. $2,500 for flight and 5 night stay. The Sahara is a mere 4 blocks away from the Hilton and flight/hotel for 5 days is a mere $$550.00 Common sense tells me that walking 4 blocks will save me $1950.00. Hmmm help me out people what should I do???

Speaking of common sense, or rather smarts. While at work today I picked up a scratch pad and looked on the back of it. Somebody did some simple multiplication on it. Here is what they had... 12 X 5 = 50. I thought that I'd at least see that they attempted to scratch over the 5 in 50 with a 6. Nope... So, me being me... I highlighted the equation with a highlighter, in large letters wrote "WRONG!!!" beside the math and beneath the erroneous conclusion wrote, "Buy a calculator". Now tell me, was that mean? If you said "Yes" to that question, I'd tell you, "Well, too fucking bad!!" If you have to figure out 12 X 5 on a piece of paper... you deserve to be berated. I probably wouldn't have given it much notice BUT... They person who obviously wrote it down works in a place where math is essential.

It's windy as hell outside and it's cold. Driving home from the job tonight was a nightmare. People are just morons when it comes to driving in winter conditions. When the road is one large sheet of ice, they drive as fast as possible but when they snow blows a little across the road they slam on there brakes like a kid is running out into the road. AAARRGG!!!

I'm going to put the kitty in the shark suit tonight and grab pictures... Stay tuned.

Eric