age= The Noisy Cakehole <$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Noisy Cakehole
Open Your Mouth, People

Hey... He Don't Look Like Jeezuz

Tuesday, January 24
Now most older people who happen to be into Christianity like an Elvis fan back in the day will appreciate this one. The good ol Kanye "Bush hates black people" West, posed as Jesus Christ for a Rolling Stone issue coming out later. I'm sure some Bible bangin' cracker is going to shit all over the place when that issue hits the stands.

Good 'ol Bible belt Christians tend to frown upon a black man imitating thier fair skined, light haired savior. Did he do it for the love of the Christ or... for shear vanity??? Who the fuck knows but he did it. Imitating the Son of God would feel sacreligious to most. But leave it to somebody in the music industry to keep that home fire burning.

Ol' Kanye reminds me of a poster I saw when I was young. Most people who know me don't know that my father had a first cousin named Eddie Little Sky, we called him Edsel. Edsel was an actor in the sixties and seventies. He had bit parts in Gilligan's Island, also in a couple of motion pictures. He gave my father a poster when I was young. Remembering it, it was pretty cool... it was a picture of him with a full head dress and Indian garb, hanging on the cross like Jesus. It didn't mean much to me then, but I remember my Dad unrolling it from the cardboard tube, opening it up and saying "For Christ's sakes" and my mom's mother saying "No Shit, John". And off to play I went...

I have another cousin, James Ecoffey, who was an actor back in the early 80's. we called him Cricket. He had a small part in the mini series "Centennial" and the movie with Charlton Heston call "Mountain Men". I haven't seen Cricket since before my Dad died in '91. The last time I saw Edsel was at my Dad funeral. Edsel died in "97. Funny how you lose touch like that. Cricket would visit my dad every year with my grand aunt. Hmm gets you thinking...

Well, again I'm off...

Eric