age= The Noisy Cakehole <$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Noisy Cakehole
Open Your Mouth, People

Can You Give Me A Hand Here...

Friday, January 27
Call me old fashion but people still return favors in this day and age. I always hear stories from my mother of the way things "used to be." Do we live in an age similar to the way things used to be? Maybe maybe not. But when I do somebody a favor, I think I deserve something in return. It doesn't have to be much.

I think I pissed a co-worker off by not helping her with the up coming work schedule. I didn't want to NOT help her out but am resigned to doing so. I asked for a favor in return but she was unable because of a study day. So in turn asked that my schedule be returned to the way it was before. I think that is fair, don't you? If I would have said ...well, okay. I would have been walked on and I don't like being walked on. I have helped alot of people with thier schedule and have yet to get help from any of them.

We have way too many people going to school for a set schedule at work. So we have to riggamarow things around so everybody can get the time they are supposed to work. I thought long and hard about my decision to have things go back to the way they were. She happened to not want to help me at the wrong time. I am fed up with it.

Anyways, I hope this doesn't effect things at work between her and I. But believe it will. Oh well. I have worked at this job for 4 years and am pretty happy with it. I have a great relationship with the powers that be and do my job to the best of my ability. I guess I'll find out in the morning the effect of my decision. Until then....

Eric