age= The Noisy Cakehole <$BlogRSDUrl$>
The Noisy Cakehole
Open Your Mouth, People

The Day Of Reckoning....

Saturday, December 10
Today, I was a tester for the National Registry Emergency Medical Technician Basic test today. I made $50.00 pretty easy. I was a 57 year old male with chest pain. They moulaged us up to look sick. I remember when I tested and it was not fun. Stressed out and ready to shit my pants. A couple who first had to test were freaked out and failed but for the most part they did very well.

Testing involves 5 practical stations: Patient Assessment (Trauma and Medical), Automatic Electric Defibrillator, A Random Skills Station (which was shock and bleeding), Short Backboard, and Airway. The stations require you to act as if one of the testers is a real patient with a specific problem. You have to follow a guideline in steps. You miss you lose a point. A total of 30 completes the station. Miss more than 5 or a critical criteria ( like oxygen for a breathing problem you fail and have to take the station over. If you pass all 5 practicals then you are allowed to take the written test. I sat through this all day.

Iwanted to see the stress on thier faces like I imagined mine was when I did it. They all did really good. Congrats to them!!!

Eric